In the terms below LCO Design StudioLtdis called “the company” and the other contracting party is called “the customer”.
- It is the intention of the company that all terms of the agreement between the customer and the company are contained in this agreement.
- Subject to the company being able to contact the customer and arrange a mutually convenient appointment, the company will arrange for a technical surveyor to visit the customer’s premises for the purposes of measurement and survey of premises, plumbing, drainage and other services. If, following such a survey, it becomes apparent that the installation has been under-priced beyond the reasonable expectations of the agent or a major modification to the specifications for the installation is necessary, the company will inform the customer within 21 working days after the survey was undertaken and give written reasons. The company may make minor modifications to the specifications without notifying the customer where such modifications are required as a result of the company’s surveyor’s inspection provided that such modifications do not overly affect the appearance, design and quality of the goods.
- If for any reason beyond the company’s reasonable control, the company is unable to supply a particular item of furniture or a particular appliance the company will notify the customer. With the agreement of the customer, the company will replace it with an item of equal or superior standard and value.
- The company will do all that it reasonably can to meet the date given for delivery and/or installation. In case of unforeseen circumstances beyond the reasonable control of the company, the company may not be able to do so. In such circumstances the company will contact the customer and agree an alternative date.
- The customer will not legally own the furniture and/or appliances until the balance of payment is paid in full by the customer to the company. The goods do not become the customer’s until the customer has paid for them in full and, until such time, the customer shall keep the goods in good repair, conditions and properly protected and insured. The goods are not warranted/guaranteed until payment is received in full.
- The company does all it reasonably can to ensure the price quoted by its agent at the time of the contract is correct. The company will arrange for a technical surveyor to visit the customer’s premises for the purpose of measurement and survey of premises, plumbing, drainage and other services. If, following such a survey, it becomes apparent that the installation has been under-priced for a technical reason beyond the reasonable expectation of the agent, then the company will forthwith inform the customer and both parties will attempt to agree a revised price for the installation. In the event that a new price cannot be agreed then either party is entitled to terminate the contract whereupon any monies will be repaid in full.
- Where the company has agreed to supply and install the furniture and/or appliances, the company will ensure that the quality of the furniture and/or appliances supplied will be to a satisfactory standard and also that the kitchen, bedroom or bathroom or other furniture will be installed in the customer’s home to a satisfactory standard.Installation works carried out by an agent of the company is guaranteed for one year from the installation date.
- All appliances are supplied subject to any guarantees and after sales services that are offered by the manufacturers themselves, or where appropriate, subject to the terms of any extended warranty scheme.
- It is acknowledged by the customer that the colour of natural wood products may fade or discolour over time due to natural processes and the company accepts no responsibility for such occurrence.
- The customer agrees to give access to the premises for the purpose of the survey, delivery and/or installation or subsequent visits that may be necessary for the completion of the installation and any final finishes required.
- On delivery or collection, the risk of any loss or damage to the furniture or units becomes that of the customer.
- If the contract is cancelled before the survey is carried out then the deposit is fully refundable. However, if the customer cancels after the survey has been completed the company reserves the right to retain the full deposit.
- The customer is advised and accepts that the installation may cause damage to decoration. It is anticipated that the kitchen, bedroom or bathroom or other premises will require redecoration following completion of the installation. This will be the customer’s responsibility and is not included in the price unless specifically set out otherwise in the invoice. For the avoidance of doubt this provision does not exclude the company’s responsibility for any damages that are beyond what is reasonably commensurate with the fitting of the kitchen, bedroom or bathroom in the usual way.
- Where installation is based around an existing item such as a worktop or other cabinetry, the customer has to ensure all measurements are checked and agreed to at the time of the order confirmation. LCO Design Studio Ltd will not accept any responsibility if the measurements differ from what is stated in the order.
(APPLICABLE TO ALL KITCHENS, BEDROOMS, BATHROOMSOR OTHER FURNITURE, SUBJECT TO TERMS &CONDITIONS)
Your new kitchen, bedroom, bathroom or other furniture comes with two years materials’ guarantee and labour comes with one year guarantee when supplied by LCO Design Studio Ltd.There is no need to return the registration card for the furniture.
None of the above affects your statutory rights.
For assistance, please call:
0207 352 9573
Please have your contract number and date of purchase information available.
THIS GUARANTEE DOES NOT APPLY TO:
- Any faults which occur due to accidental damage, water ingress, misuse, fair wear and tear or breakdown caused by corrosion.
- Kitchen appliances.
- The cost of repair charges for which the manufacturer or supplier may be held responsible under the Terms of any guarantee or warranty.
None of these Terms & Conditions affect your statutory rights
1. After the planning meeting with the designer to decide on your new kitchen or joinery, a deposit
of 20% of the initial estimate must be paid by the customer to move to the next stage, the
2. If the contract is cancelled before the survey is carried out then the deposit is fully refundable.
However, if the customer cancels after the survey has been completed the company reserves the
right to retain the full deposit.
3. With survey completed, Kitchens & More will develop floor plans and 3-dimensional designs for
the customer’s review and approval. The final total cost will also be provided to the customer for
4. Once the construction designs have been signed off as approved, the customer must pay 25% of
the total cost in order for the order to be placed with the manufacturer to progress the project
to the production phase.
a. **NOTE: Only after this stage can the construction designs be made available to the
customer, not before.
b. **NOTE: Once designs are signed off, no significant design changes can be made without
incurring extra costs. This will also incur in a delay in the delivery of the finished
c. **NOTE: The difference in value between the initial estimate (step 1) and the final
agreed cost (step 3) will be reconciled at this stage before the construction order is
5. Once the production process has been completed, the payment of the final 55% of the total cost, plus any additional accessories, as well as the dry fitting and transport/delivery costs,must be paid by the customer prior to transportation and delivery of the furniture forinstallation.